An Update on COVID-19 Vaccinations
With COVID-19 vaccine supply increasing and eligibility expanding, California is taking a big step in its vaccine distribution. Please be assured that Sutter Health Plus is actively engaged and working to help members understand how to navigate their COVID-19 vaccine eligibility during this time.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility
Starting April 1, 2021, COVID-19 vaccine eligibility is expanding to include all Californians age 50 and up. Two weeks later, on April 15, 2021, all individuals age 16 and up will be eligible.
Until then, the currently eligible groups include people age 65 and up, essential workers (agriculture and food, education and childcare, emergency services, and public transit/airport and commercial airlines), individuals age 16-64 with severe health conditions, and individuals with a developmental or other high-risk disability as defined by the California Department of Public Health.
As supply allows, vaccinations are offered at multiple locations across the Sutter Health Plus service area, including at several large-scale and drive-through clinics. Members who are eligible to receive the vaccine can check appointment availability through:
- Sutter’s patient portal, My Health Online, or by calling the Sutter Health COVID-19 Vaccine appointment line at 844-987-6115
- California’s list of local COVID-19 resource websites to sign up for county alerts and find vaccination sites
- Network pharmacies
Members can also sign up on My Turn, California’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling portal, to be notified when they are eligible to schedule a vaccine appointment. If a member is eligible and vaccine appointments are available through My Turn, they can schedule one.
As a reminder, if a Sutter Health Plus member is able to get a COVID-19 vaccine, it’s covered even if it is administered out-of-network.
At this time, state and federal health officials still recommend masking and physical distancing to be critical tools in preventing COVID-19 transmission until a large percentage of the population is vaccinated. It is important to remain vigilant and follow public health guidance.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit:
- Sutter Health Plus COVID-19 Coverage, Cost and Access to Care for health plan information and FAQs
- Sutter Health COVID-19 Resources for clinical information, a COVID-19 interactive screener, patient information, and more
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for federal guidance, U.S. data tracking, and public health information
- California Department of Public Health for California-specific alerts, data tracking, resources, and guidance