An Update on COVID-19 Vaccinations
California’s move to expand COVID-19 vaccination eligibility this month is welcome news. Please be assured that Sutter Health Plus is actively engaged and working to help members understand how to navigate their COVID-19 vaccine eligibility during this time.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Appointments
COVID-19 vaccine eligibility now includes all Californians age 16 and up.
As supply allows, vaccinations will be offered at multiple locations across the Sutter Health Plus service area, including at several large-scale and drive-through clinics. Members can check appointment availability through:
- Sutter’s patient portal, My Health Online, or by calling the Sutter Health COVID-19 Vaccine appointment line at 844-987-6115
- California’s list of local COVID-19 resource websites to sign up for county alerts and find vaccination sites
- Network pharmacies
Members can also sign up on My Turn, California’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling portal, to be notified when vaccine appointments are available.
As a reminder, if a Sutter Health Plus member is able to get a COVID-19 vaccine, it’s covered even if it is administered out-of-network.
Currently, there are three different FDA-approved vaccines. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines require two doses, several weeks apart. In addition, the single-dose Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine was reaffirmed for use as of April 23, 2021, by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
At Sutter, members can select the vaccine type when booking an appointment, if there is a preference. However, narrowing the vaccine type may greatly reduce the availability of appointments. Note: Children age 16-17 can receive only the Pfizer vaccine, as it’s the only one currently approved for this age group. Watch this video to learn how to schedule your COVID-19 vaccination and select the vaccine type through My Health Online.
At this time, state and federal health officials still recommend masking and physical distancing to be critical tools in preventing COVID-19 transmission until a large percentage of the population is vaccinated. It is important to remain vigilant and follow public health guidance.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit:
- Sutter Health Plus COVID-19 Coverage, Cost and Access to Care for health plan information and FAQs
- Sutter Health COVID-19 Resources for clinical information, a COVID-19 interactive screener, patient information, and more
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for federal guidance, U.S. data tracking, and public health information
- California Department of Public Health for California-specific alerts, data tracking, resources and guidance