An Update on COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing
With the improvements in vaccine supply and expansion in vaccine eligibility and testing coverage, there’s renewed hope on the horizon. Please be assured that Sutter Health Plus is actively engaged and working to help members understand how to navigate their care and coverage during this time.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Appointments
This month, COVID-19 vaccine eligibility increased to include essential workers (agriculture and food, education and childcare, emergency services, and public transit/airport and commercial airlines), individuals age 16-64 with severe health conditions, and those with a developmental or other high-risk disability as defined by the California Department of Public Health.
As supply allows, vaccinations will be offered at multiple locations across the Sutter Health Plus service area, including at several large-scale and drive-through clinics. Members who are eligible to receive the vaccine can check appointment availability through:
- Sutter’s patient portal, My Health Online, or by calling the Sutter Health COVID-19 Vaccine appointment line at 844-987-6115
- Network pharmacies
- California’s list of local COVID-19 resource websites to sign up for county alerts and find vaccination sites
Members can also sign up on My Turn, California’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling portal, to be notified when they are eligible to schedule a vaccine appointment. If a member is eligible and vaccine appointments are available through My Turn, they can schedule one.
As a reminder, if a Sutter Health Plus member is able to get a COVID-19 vaccine, it’s covered even if it is administered out-of-network.
COVID-19 Screening and Testing
COVID-19 testing continues to be an important tool in combating the pandemic, both for identifying the virus and for preventing its spread in communities across the country.
Sutter Health Plus covers diagnostic COVID-19 testing at no out-of-pocket cost when ordered by a treating provider as part of an individual medical assessment.
All members, including asymptomatic members with no known or suspected recent exposure to COVID-19, can get tested without prior authorization. Members can obtain a test from any provider—in or out-of-network.
At this time, state and federal health officials still recommend masking and physical distancing to be critical tools in preventing COVID-19 transmission until a large percentage of the population is vaccinated. We’re also awaiting more information about the long-term protection of the vaccines.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit:
- Sutter Health Plus COVID-19 Coverage, Cost and Access to Care for health plan information and FAQs
- Sutter Health COVID-19 Resources for clinical information, a COVID-19 interactive screener, patient information, and more
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for federal guidance, U.S. data tracking, and public health information
- California Department of Public Health for California-specific alerts, data tracking, resources, and guidance