Benefits of Mail Order Pharmacy
These days, many people rely on the convenience of shopping online. With just a few clicks, everything from groceries and home goods to clothing and electronics can arrive on the doorstep in a matter of days, if not sooner.
Through Express Scripts®, Sutter Health Plus members can also have prescription medications delivered right to their home. This can help save time, money, and offers a contactless alternative to visiting the pharmacy.
Mail order pharmacy allows members to fill up to a 100-day supply, as their benefit plan allows, of maintenance prescription drugs for two times the 30-day retail cost share, after an applicable deductible, with free standard shipping.
Simply put, mail order offers approximately a three-month supply of a prescription drug for the cost of a two-month supply. Over a year, this may result in hundreds of dollars in savings, particularly for members or families who use multiple eligible prescriptions.
- Prescription refills and renewals
- Delivery scheduling and order tracking
- Dosage reminders
- 24/7 chat with a registered pharmacist
- Nearby network pharmacy locator
- Prescription drug pricing tool
Ways to Sign up
Members can sign up for mail order pharmacy online, over the phone, or by mail. Once mail order pharmacy is set up and Express Scripts receives a prescription, the order will be mailed and normally arrives within three to five days.
- Visit express-scripts.com or download the mobile app and create an account.
- Check for eligible prescriptions that display the “Transfer to Home Delivery” option. Click the button, then select prescriptions and click “add to cart”.
- Express Scripts will contact the prescribing provider for approval. Once approved, the member’s prescription(s) will be mailed.
Over the Phone
- Call Express Scripts at 877-787-8661 and confirm personal information.
- Express Scripts will request eligible prescription(s) from the prescribing provider. Once approved, the member’s prescription(s) will be mailed.
- Download and print the Express Scripts Home Delivery Order Form.
- Mail the completed form with prescription(s) slips and payment to Express Scripts.
- Express Scripts will contact the prescribing provider for approval if needed. Once approved, and the member’s prescription(s) will be mailed and should arrive within 14 days.
There is no additional cost share for Sutter Health Plus members to use mail order pharmacy through Express Scripts. For assistance, please contact Express Scripts at 877-787-8661 or visit sutterhealthplus.org/pharmacy to learn more.