Fifteen Sutter Health Plus Network Hospitals Among Best in California
Fifteen hospitals in the Sutter Health Plus network achieved recognition as being among the best in California for 2021-2022 by U.S. News & World Report. Hospitals were scored on 32 clinical areas, including adult specialties, procedures, and conditions, and patient experience, patient outcomes, nursing quality, and the adept use of technology.
The goal of these annual ratings is to help patients find the best healthcare at hospitals recognized for their high quality. This year, three network hospital campuses ranked among the top 100 in the state:
Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City was ranked 32nd in California and 4th in the San Francisco metro area. This facility was also recognized for high performance in heart failure; abdominal aortic aneurysm repair; aortic valve surgery; heart bypass surgery; kidney failure; spinal fusion; knee replacement; hip replacement; hip fracture; and pneumonia.
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento was ranked 42nd in California and 4th in the Sacramento metro area. This facility was also recognized for high performance for stroke; heart attack; back surgery; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; congestive heart failure; hip replacement; aortic valve; transcatheter aortic valve; and heart bypass surgery.
California Pacific Medical Center – Van Ness Campus was ranked 56th in the state and 7th in the San Francisco metro area. This facility was also recognized for high performance for stroke; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; congestive heart failure; colon cancer surgery; hip replacement; and aortic valve surgery.
Twelve additional Sutter Health Plus network hospital campuses earned recognition as “high performers” in one or more clinical area:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Berkeley and Oakland Campuses | hip replacement; stroke
- Eden Medical Center | stroke
- Memorial Medical Center, Modesto | COPD; heart attack; stroke
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center, Burlingame | spinal fusion; hip fracture; stroke
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center | kidney failure; stroke; hip replacement; pneumonia
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Stockton | heart failure; heart attack
- Sutter Delta Medical Center | congestive heart failure; COPD; heart attack
- Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz | spinal fusion
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center | spinal fusion; COPD; heart attack; lung cancer surgery; stroke
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital | spinal fusion
- ValleyCare Medical Center | colon cancer surgery; heart failure; knee replacement; hip replacement
For more information and complete rankings, visit the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals survey.