Getting Ready for Back to School
Now more than ever, many families are looking forward to back-to-school this year. As recreational activities and traditional school settings begin to reopen, it is important to keep children up to date on immunizations. By staying up to date on immunizations, children can be better protected against preventable diseases like measles and chickenpox, especially if they have a weakened immune system.
Sutter Health Plus covers a variety of immunizations at no out-of-pocket cost to members. This includes the following routine immunizations for children and adolescents as recommended by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Influenza (flu)
- Meningococcal Conjugate
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Find out when checkups, screenings and immunizations are generally recommended at every age by reading our Health Maintenance Guidelines.
Three Ways to Access Immunizations
- Schedule an appointment with your child’s pediatrician
- Go to Sutter Walk-In Care, no appointment necessary, or book an appointment online
- Visit a network pharmacy, such as Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS (call ahead to check availability)
Sutter Health Plus network medical offices and Sutter Walk-In Care locations are open and taking extra steps to help keep members safe by screening staff and patients for COVID-19 symptoms, requiring face masks and sanitizing equipment and surfaces.
Although immunizations must be administered in person, members may also choose to contact their primary care provider (PCP) or schedule a video visit through My Health Online to discuss care options.