Network Update: San Francisco and East Bay Areas
Sutter Health Plus offers large group employers, small-business owners, and individuals affordable health plans that provide access to a network of high-quality providers. As of Jan. 1, 2021, Sutter Health Plus will have a comprehensive network that includes more than 1,500 PCPs, 5,300 specialists, and many other healthcare providers.
In the San Francisco and East Bay communities this includes:
- PCPs and specialists through:
- Independent community physicians through the Community Provider Network (CPN)
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation (SEBMF) providers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) providers in San Francisco County
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) providers in Alameda and San Mateo counties
- University Healthcare Alliance / Affinity Medical Group (UHA/AMG) providers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Group (MPMG) providers in the Bay Area
- Brown & Toland Physicians (BTP) specialists in San Francisco County
- Inpatient and outpatient services at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Berkeley and Oakland, Mills-Peninsula Medical Center in Burlingame, and Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley, as well as many other inpatient and outpatient providers in the Sutter Health Plus network
- Video visits with Sutter providers using My Health Online
- Same-day access to care through Sutter Walk-In-Care in Oakland, San Francisco, and San Ramon. Sutter Walk-In Care locations in the Greater Bay Area also include facilities in Mountain View, San Jose, and Santa Clara
Effective Jan. 1, 2021, the Sutter Health Plus network will no longer include PCPs through Brown & Toland Physicians (BTP) in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties, and will no longer include specialists through BTP in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The health plan will assist affected members with selecting new PCPs. It will also allow members who are currently seeing specialists through BTP in Alameda and Contra Costa counties to complete their courses of treatment.
This transition provides Sutter Health Plus with the opportunity to better address the needs of its customers and members through Sutter’s integrated approach to health care delivery based on its affiliated medical foundations, aligned medical groups, and select independent physicians. For example, members who establish care with Sutter-affiliated foundation providers (PAMF, SEBMF, SPMF) will gain access to the full benefits of Sutter’s integrated care delivery system. Here, all providers use the Sutter Electronic Health Record to instantly access and securely share critical health information with other Sutter clinicians, allowing them to deliver care that’s personal, safe, and highly coordinated.
Additionally, members who select Sutter-affiliated foundation providers will also have access to all the features available through My Health Online, Sutter’s secure patient portal, including the ability to message doctors and care teams, schedule appointments, and sign up to get text messages if earlier appointments become available, schedule video visits with their PCP and some specialists, renew prescriptions, view test results, and health information, and manage their health online.
For questions about this transition, please call Sutter Health Plus Member Services, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at 855-315-5800, or read our frequently asked questions.