Sutter Health Plus Broker Portal FAQs
With the Broker Portal, you have access to:
- Your account roster and your clients’ Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form (EOC), and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for medical plans and plan documents for any optional benefits elected
- Commission statements
- IFP and small group client renewal packets
- Request Sutter Health Plus assistance for billing, terminations and changes, and plan change inquiries
- Common broker forms and resources, including previous issues of Broker Insight Plus
- Copies of your clients’ premium bills
- Go to shplus.org/brokerportal. Note: you must have at least one active sold account with Sutter Health Plus to register.
- Enter your name, Broker ID (A-XXXXXXXX), Agent ID (C-XXXXXXXX), email address, and phone number.
- Once approved, you will receive an email notification to verify your email address, create a username and password, and provide answers to two security questions (for username or password retrieval).
The registration process takes a few minutes.
After registering, you have will have access to your account within two to three business days.
A Broker ID is a unique identifier for your brokerage firm created by Sutter Health Plus. Example: A-12345678 (8 digits). An Agent ID is a unique identifier for each contact, tied to your brokerage firm, created by Sutter Health Plus. Example: C-12345678 (8 digits).
Your Agent ID was provided in your “Approval of Appointment” email. If you cannot locate your Agent ID, please contact Broker Services at email@example.com.
Your Broker ID is listed on the top of your commission statement as “Broker HCC ID.” If you do not have access to your commission statement, please contact Broker Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. We cannot register for you; however, we can help walk you through the registration process.
- Must be at least six characters
- Cannot contain a special character (such as $ % &)
- Cannot be the same as password
- Must be at least eight characters
- Must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one special character (such as $ % &)
- Cannot be the same as username
Your account roster displays:
- Account ID
- Account name
- Account effective date
- Account type
- Plans offered
Account rosters are based on Broker ID, not Agent ID. You will be able to see all accounts for your brokerage.
You will have access to all sold accounts, including individual and family plan accounts.
Follow these steps to view your IFP accounts through the Broker Portal:
- Go to Group/Account Search and enter IFP in the search field.
- Click on the Account ID that corresponds with IFP Standard or IFP Child Only as listed in the Account Name.
- Under Plan Details, click View Member Roster.
- Click on the Member ID to access Member Details.
Each member roster is associated with the selected account. Your member roster displays:
- Member ID
- Member name
- ZIP code
- Account type
- Account name
- Sub-account name
- Plan ID
- Billing rates
- Effective date
The member roster is at the member level.
Yes, you can export them in an Excel format.
Yes, commission statements are accessed through the quick links bar.
Yes, you can submit a Service Request for the following:
- Billing information
- Member terminations and changes
- Member plan changes
Employers can view and download their current premium balances, past due amounts, if applicable, last payment received by Sutter Health Plus and the last 24 months of account transactions—including payments, bills, and adjustments. To assist your clients, you can submit a billing request through the broker portal.
Yes, you can search for a member ID by member name or by account.
No, CaliforniaChoice Groups are not accessible in the portal at this time. CaliforniaChoice administers its own accounts and offers its own customer service on most issues. They also have the ability to work in conjunction with our Account Services team to address escalated issues that are beyond CaliforniaChoice’s scope.
Yes, they are listed under Forms and Resources.
If you forget your username or password, you can click on the "Forgot Username?" or "Forgot Password?" link, enter your account information, and answer the security questions and your username or a temporary password will be emailed to you.
The portal was built using the latest high-security technology, uses 128-bit SSL encryption including data and password protection, and has safeguards against hackers and cyber attacks.
Yes, future enhancements for new content and features will be added. If you have suggestions for enhancements, please contact us at email@example.com or call us weekdays, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm at (855) 325-5200.