Frequently Asked Questions
Are account rosters by producer or by brokerage?
Account rosters are based on Broker ID, not Agent ID. You will be able to see all accounts for your brokerage.
Can I export my account roster and member roster?
Yes, you can export them in an Excel format.
Can I look up a member ID for my clients?
Yes, you can search for a member ID by member name or by account.
Can I request assistance online?
Yes, you can submit a Service Request for the following:
- Billing information
- Terminations and changes
- Plan changes
Can I see individual and family accounts, or just employer groups?
You will have access to all sold accounts, including individual and family plans.
Follow these steps to view your IFP accounts through the Broker Portal:
- Go to Group/Account Search and enter IFP in the search field
- Click on the Account ID that corresponds with IFP Standard or IFP Child Only as listed in the Account Name
- Under Plan Details, click View Member Roster
- Click on the Member ID to access Member Details
Can I see my CaliforniaChoice groups in the portal?
No, CaliforniaChoice Groups are not accessible in the portal at this time. CaliforniaChoice administers its own accounts and offers its own customer service on most issues. They also have the ability to work in conjunction with our Account Services team to address escalated issues that are beyond CaliforniaChoice’s scope.
Can I see my commission statements online?
Yes, commission statements are accessed under Other Correspondences.
Can my employer groups see the status of their premium bills in the employer portal?
Employers can view and download their most recent 12 premium bills in the employer portal; however bill payment status is not available. To assist your clients, you can submit a billing request through the broker portal. Request types include current balance, payment received, invoice discrepancy and bill reconciliation.
Can you register me over the phone?
No. We cannot register for you; however, we can help walk you through the registration process.
Do you have any other changes planned?
Yes, future enhancements for new content and features will be added. If you have suggestions for enhancements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us weekdays, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm at (855) 325-5200.
Does the portal provide access to a full listing of product summaries?
Yes, they are listed under Forms and Resources.
How do I get my Agent ID?
How do I get my Broker ID?
How do I register?
- Go to shplus.org/brokerportal
- Enter your name, Broker ID (A-XXXXXXXX), Agent ID (C-XXXXXXXX), email address, and phone number
- Once approved, you will receive an email notification to verify your email address, create a username and password, and provide answers to two security questions
How long does registration take?
The registration process takes a few minutes and you have will have access to your account within two to three business days.
How secure is the portal?
The portal was built using the latest high-security technology, uses 128-bit SSL encryption including data and password protection, and has safeguards against hackers and cyber attacks.
Is the member roster at the subscriber level or the member level?
The member roster is at the member level.
What are the features?
With the Broker Portal, you have access to:
- See your broker dashboard
- View your account roster, account details and plan details
- View your accounts’ medical benefit plan documents (Summary of Benefits and Coverage, Benefits and Coverage Matrix, and Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form)
- View your accounts’ member roster
- Access commission statements and small group and IFP client renewal packets
- Access common broker forms and resources, including historical issues of Broker Insight Plus
- Request Sutter Health Plus assistance for billing; terminations and changes; and plan change inquiries
What are the username and password requirements?
- Must be at least six characters
- Cannot contain a special character (such as $ % &)
- Cannot be the same as password
- Must be at least eight characters
- Must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one special character (such as $ % &)
- Cannot be the same as username
What happens if I forget my username or password?
If you forget your username or password, you can click on the "Forgot Username?" or "Forgot Password?" link, enter your account information, and answer the security questions and your username or a temporary password will be emailed to you. We can help you walk through the process.
What information is in the account roster?
Your account roster displays:
- Account ID
- Account name
- Account effective date
- Account type
- Plans offered
What information is in the member roster?
Each member roster is associated with the selected account. Your member roster displays:
- Member ID
- Member name
- Account name
- Plan name
- Start date
What is my Broker ID and Agent ID?
A Broker ID is a unique identifier for your brokerage firm created by Sutter Health Plus. Example: A-12345678 (8 digits). An Agent ID is a unique identifier for each agent, tied to your brokerage firm, created by Sutter Health Plus. Example: C-12345678 (8 digits).