Frequently Asked Questions
What are the features?
With the Member Portal you have access to:
- View, print and request new member identification cards
- Your primary care physician’s information
- Request to change your primary care physician
- Coverage details
- Copay amounts
- View your Benefits and Coverage Matrix, Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form, and Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- View your deductible and out-of-pocket expense balances, and claims that contributed to these
- Claims summary
- Forms and resources, including Member Newsletter
- Members with Individual or Family plans can view and download your last 12 premium bills
- Update your portal profile (first name, last name, email address and phone number)
- The Sutter Health Plus Health and Wellness site
What information do I need to have to register?
Registration is easy. You just need your member ID number, which is located on the front of your member ID card, date of birth and the last four digits of the subscriber’s Social Security number.
How long does registration take?
Registration takes a few minutes and you have instant access to your account.
How do I register?
Go to the Member Portal and enter your name, date of birth, the last four digits of the subscriber’s Social Security number and member ID number, which is listed on your member ID card. You will then need to create a username and password, enter your phone number and answer two security questions (for username or password retrieval). You will then get a message that you have successfully registered and you can log in using your new username and password.
Can I see my past claims and historical information?
Yes. Your current and historical information will be available in the portal.
Can my children register for their own access?
Members 18 years or older may register for access.
Can I see my dependents’ information?
You can see your covered dependents’ information unless they have contacted us and asked us to not share their information.
How long does it take to get my member ID card after I request one online?
Please allow two weeks for delivery of your new member ID card by mail. You can also print a temporary ID card from the Member Dashboard page, using the “View ID Card” link in the Quick Links bar or the “ID Card” link in the Correspondences section.
Can I request a new member ID card for my spouse and dependents?
The subscriber can request a new member ID card for themselves and their dependents. Your spouse and adult dependents with their own Member Portal accounts can also request a new ID card for themselves.
I changed my primary care physician (PCP) on the Member Portal. When is the change effective?
PCP changes are effective the first day of the upcoming month following your change request and we will mail you a new member identification card.
Can I make a PCP change for my spouse and dependents?
The subscriber can change the PCP for themselves and their dependents. Your spouse and adult dependents with their own Member Portal accounts can also change their own PCP.
Can you register me over the phone?
No. We cannot register for you; however, we can help walk you through the registration process.
What are the username and password requirements?
- Must be at least six characters
- Cannot contain a special character (such as $ % &)
- Cannot be the same as password
- Must be at least eight characters
- Must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one special character (such as $ % &)
- Cannot be the same as username
What happens if I forget my username or password?
If you forget your username or password, you can click on the Forgot Username? or Forgot Password? link, enter your account information, and answer the security questions and your username or a temporary password will be emailed to you. We can help you walk through the process.
How secure is the portal?
The portal was built using the latest high-security technology, uses 128-bit SSL encryption including data and password protection, and has safeguards against hackers and cyber attacks.